Brooke Alexis Borger

Some of you may have been wondering what happened here at FF&W. One minute I’m talking about the DF&F52 project, the next minute the blog isn’t updated in a week-plus. Well, I’ll tell you what happened:

Brooke Alexis Borger

She came a few weeks early and very suddenly, and there was no putting her back in. So, I’ve been spending much of my time in a NICU where little Brooke continues to get better each day. She wasn’t super-early, but still early enough (34 4/7 weeks) to require a degree of assisted care. She’s getting loving attention at a hospital that has photos of fly fisherman, trout streams and salmon on the walls, so I’m pleased with that!

I am, of course, smitten with her. She’s beautiful, has eyes that speak deep-down, and already has a grip that can handle a 2-weight. What more does a father really need?

I’ll have more about Brooke a bit later, complete with pix and all of that. For now, though, here’s a pic of a special salmon, caught just for her by her grandfather the day after she was born. Thanks, GB!

A salmon from a Great Lake, caught in a small river, for a little Brooke.

1. John LeJeune says:

Congrats Jason and Kelley! This calls for a commemorative fly. Maybe an early emerger in pink. Good luck with your little fry.

2. Gary Eaton says:

Prayers for all of you.Congratulations! – GE

3. Will says:

Congratulations Jason and Kelley, and welcome to the world little Brooke.

Great name!

All the best

Will

4. Boyd Wilson says:

Great to hear everything is well and good mate. Congratulations to all of you.

Boyd.

5. Theo Bakelaar says:

Kelley and Jason….here the crazy and happy Dutch guy Theo. Hope all is well with the lady of the house.
    Very happy that we have an other fly fishing girl in this world. Let Brooke grow up in love and peace….all the best with her and congrats both. Love from Holland. Cheers Theo

• JB says:

Theo—Thanks! I know only one gold-colored, crazy, happy Dutch guy and that’s you. Missed seeing you these last few years at shows. At least you and my father have had some good times, for sure.

Kelley is doing very well, finally back to driving after the whole episode.

Wish I could grab Brooke and go fish the Deschutes right now, but that will come soon enough….

6. Grunde says:

Big congrats to Kelly and you!

Glad to hear things are going well despite arriving early (they always have their own schedule). Life will never be the same again :-)

Lots of love from Norway
    Grunde

7. Wow! That is great. Congratulations! Glad she is improving steadily!

8. JB says:

Thanks, Matt. I owe you some Goat Head feedback, too. I’ll get it on the list!